Notify me of new posts by email.
“Is the spring coming?" he said.
“What is it like?"
"It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine and things pushing and working under the earth”.
-The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett
Life is bursting at every nook and corner of Tieedi too.
1. Fiddlehead looking around in disdained amusement.
2. & 3. Chimphing aka Hogweed, a very potent medicinal plant, just put out its hand yesterday from under the ground. Click the hashtag #Chimphing to see how the flowers will turn out to be finally. Also watch the bees dance the tango with those flowers. :)
4. Bees feasting on the mustard plant flowers that we had grown and nurtured just for them.
5. A mini forest of moss curled parsley that's populating our herb spiral after taking a year's break. Did you know that plants do that? Those kinds are called biennials. :)
6. Aloe-vera that has the coveted spot at the top of the herb spiral, has started flowering again. Psst. these flowers are edible too.
#ReconciliationEcology ... See more
What's Boju upto?
A few weeks ago she happened to appear out of nowhere in Chowrastha, Darjeeling. In her happy cheerful voice she asked the wellbeing of Darjeeling to Kancha, our lad.
Of all places to showcase in the 'Queen of Hills', Kancha took her to the dumping chute of Darjeeling. The dumping chute that bears the burden of mass consumerism and irresponsible tourism in our hills. A burden of over 60,000 kgs per day during 'season' time.
We noticed a flicker of sadness in the eyes of Boju. It was a rare sight. Darjeelingey Boju has always been an epitome of strength in our family. Her steely gaze has always remained unperturbed. The only time it took rest was when it was replaced by the sparkle that belied the mischief she had planned with us, her coterie of grandchildren.
The flicker of sadness also passed away in seconds and her steely gaze looked around the mess, looked around her misguided people and finally looked to Kanchenjunga. She closed her eyes in reverence to the Mother. She always seemed to draw special powers whenever she did that.
She turned around and walked at her brisk pace. Kancha stumbling behind her, unable to match the pace of her deteremined legs.
He finally catches up with her in her backyard, her Bari.
But what is Boju upto?
Swipe left to see the earlier sequence of events.
#DarjeelingeyBoju a comic series collaboration between @dishant_pradhan, @darj_arts_culture group and Tieedi. ... See more
Do these Mesembryanthemum flowers have a lesson for us?
They retract and close their petals when the outside weather is not that favorable.
They stay inconspicuous until the threat of frost is over.
Until, one day when the harbinger of spring, the buzzing bee, comes and signals to them that the threat is over.
And that's when they unfold themselves, spreading unbelievable joy to their surroundings.
Even then they go to sleep every night.
They continue practicing this energy conservation every night...all their life.
#TieediRiot ... See more
Spring is not just about blooming. It is also about protecting.
These guys appear in our forest during spring. Tree hugging not recommended during this time of the year. :)
Copyright © 2020
This site uses Oxygen Theme
Hosted in India by Milesweb